Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Grateful, Grateful, Grateful (No pictures)

I am having this large feeling of gratitude for so many reasons, and I thought I would publish them. After all, this is a journal for my kids to some day enjoy.


In NO order, just randoms...

1. It was Jack's turn to bring snacks for his basketball team on Saturday. As soon as I handed them to Jack to carry in he said, "Thanks mom, you're a really great mom." Thoughts raced through my mind like crazy. I thought if you only knew kid...and I proceeded to go through the hundreds of things I do for him in a week. However, I replied a simple, "Thanks, Jack." Then, we had a sweet hug that I wished would never end. I love that boy!

2. The other day I was taking my class to lunch and Julianne's preschool class got out at the same time. She saw me and ran toward me. (on the concrete, yes, and I didn't even tell her to use walking feet) When she was about 6 feet away she reached out her arms for a huge hug. I squeezed her super tight, and she said, "I love you SO much, mommy." I wanted to freeze the moment in time, but then she said, "Bye, Bye Mommy, see you later!"

3. Tiffany. (She watches Julianne Monday through Thursday after preschool) I was really nervous about ANYONE watching our kids besides us, but I really don't know what I was thinking. Julianne LOVES Tiffany, and I am so happy with the situation. She even picked up my phone tonight, and after I told her she needed to give it back to me she said, "I just need to call Tiffany and tell her I'll see her after school tomorrow." What a blessing she has been to our home.

4. Mrs. Williams, Jack's teacher, is phenomenal!!! Jack doesn't really show feelings towards many people (I wish he would) but he LOVES her. She is perfect for him and we are ALL challenged by her high expectations for learning and FUN! (What a time commitment homework is, even in Kindergarten. YIKES!)

5. I overheard Howie reading to Julianne tonight from the living room. There was a part in the story where one friend had to choose between two birthday parties. He said in the sweetest voice ever, "That's a big problem isn't it Julianne?" After she said yes, he said, "Another fun word we could use would be a dilemma" I laughed so hard!!! He is always making me laugh. I love that I NEVER have to talk him into being a great daddy to our kids, and a strong part of our family. He is taking such good care of his parents right now, and I am so proud of him.

6. My mom. She is amazing. She is my closest girlfriend, and someone I love and trust. I appreciate my relationship with her.

7. Fawn. 25 years of friendship, and a ton of memories! She watches Julianne on Fridays, and is such a comfort. We both spend a ton of time with our own families, not a lot of time together, and yet I still feel very encouraged by her to be a better mother, wife, and person.

8. My dad's recovery. Thank GOD his surgery was nothing serious. I love that man!

9. My brother, Jared, and my sister-in-law, Missy. WOW! They have offered an extreme amount of support as we transitioned around when the house flooded. I feel very close with them, and I love watching them be parents to my sweet niece and nephew. Alright, my niece and nephew... (tears are now coming to my eyes) They are so dear to me and I'll leave it at that.

10. I'm glad that our house is put back together from the flood, and that the Phoenix weather is cooling down.

I could list a thousand other blessings, but it is getting late, and I need to get up to hike with my mom and then teach an ADORABLE group of fifth graders that I am VERY grateful for. A bunch of blessings were left unsaid, but goodnight for now....


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Peach! I am lucky to have you in my life, I always wanted a sister & I got one when you moved across the street :)

    ReplyDelete