Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Portland, Oregon



My brother Joel and Tara bought a house in Aurora, Oregon a few months ago. The house is 103 years old and is only about 20 minutes from Portland. Their town is literally like Mulberry Street. Everyone I met was happy to be alive and so kind to one another. The kids run wild and free and there is not a fear or worry to be had. It is a wonderful place and their home is a slice of heaven. Julianne and I met their family, my mom, and later in the week my brother Jared and Addison there. It was wonderful to spend time with the greatest brothers in the world and to have our girls play together.



I was really excited for Julianne's first plane ride! The flight attendant heard me and invited Julianne up to the front for a mini tour. They let her sit in the seat but I couldn't get up there with my camera. I surprised her with the movie Tangled on the airplane, and she went NUTS! She was screaming, "You're the best, Mom! Thank you so much!" I was laughing so hard. It was a great flight.

While we were there...

Julianne took a Taekwondo class with Sunniva. (So fun to watch)


We played in their AMAZING yard.

I love my nieces!

We went to their pet shop where you can honestly pick up ANY animal they have except the two smallest snakes that bite. I tried to hustle Julianne past the ENORMOUS python and other snakes. However, anyone could have held them if they wanted. Can you believe that?

Julianne REALLY wanted to take the bunny home.

We rode the ferry across some body of water, and ate the BEST Thai food ever.


We went to their neighborhood park for a concert. The girls can both go without parents and I would have let my kids go too. That's how safe you feel there.


Sunniva and Julianne were dancing to the music.

We went to the Rose Garden Park- AMAZING! Then to the Oregon Zoo. They have a train ride that takes you to the zoo, and it was awesome!








We also went to their Children's Museum before heading home.





It was a beautiful trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment