On February 15th Howie and I celebrated 10 years of marriage. I can't believe sometimes that I am old enough to say I have two kids, and have been married ten years! Maybe it is because I am around kids all day, I don't know, but I still feel really young.
ANYHOW...
10 years. I remember thinking I would be at least 30 before I honestly got married, but then I met Howie at the young age of 20. I fell for him so quickly that people who knew me wondered what the heck was going on. We started dating at the end of May and that October I canceled my plans to live in Mexico City for 6 months and practice Spanish. We were engaged the following June and married the following February.
Our journey has not always been easy, but I feel fortunate to be married to my lover and husband.
I could list millions of reasons why this is so, but the top three are that he makes me laugh, feel safe, and he's my closest friend. I love you, Howie! I am looking forward to celebrating our anniversary this summer in San Fransisco,
just the two of us!!!!
Here is a text that was forwarded to me that Howie wrote to my mom and dad on our anniversary:
February 15, 2013, exactly 10 years ago I married your daughter. Thank you both for everything you've ever done to make Joy such a blessing to humanity. She has moved my life and helped me grow beyond any measure I can adequately articulate. So thank you again. I love you both and I love your daughter. Sincerely, Howie
just the two of us!!!!
Here is a text that was forwarded to me that Howie wrote to my mom and dad on our anniversary:
February 15, 2013, exactly 10 years ago I married your daughter. Thank you both for everything you've ever done to make Joy such a blessing to humanity. She has moved my life and helped me grow beyond any measure I can adequately articulate. So thank you again. I love you both and I love your daughter. Sincerely, Howie
I love that guy.
Happy 10 years Howie and Peach!!
ReplyDelete