Wednesday, January 1, 2014

District Track Meet

  
Jack raced with 83 third/fourth graders the other week.  Howie took him because I was at Julianne's soccer game.  He had me on the phone as the race went on.  It was 3/4 of a mile and Jack stayed in the middle for most of the race, as he was instructed by his running coach.  I could hear so much excitement in Howie's voice as Jack made the final 100 yards and turned on the heat.  Howie was excited as he ended shoulder-to-shoulder with another boy for FIRST!  Howie thought he had first, but he was giving the second place medal.  We were both really proud of him!  There were a bunch of people from my school there and they all came up to me during the week after to say what an amazing race Jack had!  I wish I could have seen it!



 The final stretch...




No comments:

Post a Comment