We woke up and went for a hike after breakfast. After breakfast we went swimming and relaxed. Then, we went over to Los Abrigados for a picnic lunch down by the creek. Julianne fed the birds for a while and we played a few games of chess too.
After lunch we took a long hike up to Chicken Point. It was 2.3 miles in and 2.3 miles out. I am super proud to say that both kids made it on their own!!! Grandpa walked most of the way with Julianne and they had adorable conversations the whole way there and back. Some of my favorite lines from Julianne were:
"Grandpa Deac, I don't know why I like you so much... I just do!"
and
"Grandpa, you know so much about the Earth. How many planets have you been to? Grandpa replied with, "Just Earth, Julianne." Then Julianne went on to ask, "You haven't even been to Texas?"
We love it up there!
Christmas posts to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment