Whenever we go to Costco we hit a bunch of samples. My kids love doing this, but I make them eat all of it if they take it. Last week they had a sample of oatmeal. I KNEW Jack was not going to like it as it was the healthy, whole oats type, without the brown sugar and milk mom puts into hers. I told him he could take it, but that he would have to finish it.
I went on to recommend that his first bite be a big one so the second would be real small in case he didn't like it.
He took a normal bite, not a big one, and I would have done anything to have recorded his face taking that bite. I knew he didn't like it, but he didn't tell me, and I went on walking with him right behind me. After we got down the aisle he said, "Momma (in a very serious tone) I think I'm allergic to this oatmeal." I told him I didn't think he was and that he could eat that second bite if he wanted any more samples. They had an ice cream sample within steps so he stomached the second bite. By this time I had tears coming down my face because his face was SO funny.
Tip #1: Listen to your mother!!!
I went on to recommend that his first bite be a big one so the second would be real small in case he didn't like it.
He took a normal bite, not a big one, and I would have done anything to have recorded his face taking that bite. I knew he didn't like it, but he didn't tell me, and I went on walking with him right behind me. After we got down the aisle he said, "Momma (in a very serious tone) I think I'm allergic to this oatmeal." I told him I didn't think he was and that he could eat that second bite if he wanted any more samples. They had an ice cream sample within steps so he stomached the second bite. By this time I had tears coming down my face because his face was SO funny.
Tip #1: Listen to your mother!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment